What are Email Signatures and How do they aid in Marketing?
Emails have become an integral part of communication in today’s world. Every company, whether small or multinational, use email as the primary official source of their communication. Due to its widespread usage, it is necessary to have a unique identity, like a signature, to display our trust. This is where email signatures come into play. But it has also proven to be an excellent marketing tool in the digital platform nowadays.
Every professional email needs to be undersigned. Instead of just typing the initials or the name, we might make use of the space to create an advertisement about the company, provide a link to the website, inform about any offers or promotions with innovative graphics along with the addition of a good CTA, etc. Just by using these techniques, you can boost your company’s profile, sales, and so on. With the unique innovative email signatures, your profile will receive a lot of visitors. So, when you have an attractive signature with an intriguing CTA, receivers of the email will be compelled to look into your company or its profile. This will serve as a branding tool and thus get advertised through it.
Here are some of the Dos and Don’ts you must follow with Email signatures:
- Email signatures are a great marketing tool therefore Do use it as a branding aid for your company’s profile.
- Do inform people about any updates, promotions, offers, and services through Email signatures.
- Don’t forget to include your official link to the blog or website which will improve visitor traffic.
- Do track your links to get informed about which of them is receiving more traffic and analyse with the help of Analytics.
- Update information constantly on the banner and Don’t leave any outdated promotions or offers in it.
- Do keep your contents formal and simple. Don’t overcrowd it with too much information.
- Do use a professional picture or the company’s logo in the signature block.
- Use an engaging CTA to increase people’s interest in your profile.
- Don’t mix too many fonts and do choose a font that suits or matches the body of your email.
- Don’t use too many images because sometimes it may fail to load in the client’s end. Also, insert alternative text that would explain the contents of the image.
- Don’t add any irrelevant links or events information to your signature.
- Do try to be more creative with the design, colour choice, font and arrangement.