Emails have become the professional way of conveying a message. Whether the communication is within a company or with a client, it is done only through an Email. Because, it is one of the fastest ways to deliver a message. If we look at the advantages of an email, we will assure that it is the only mode of communication that is better, faster and cheaper. Even though there are many instant messaging applications to communicate, only emails are considered professional and suitable for business because of the following reasons:
- They can be kept as a record and proof of deliverance with regards to business operations. Whether it is a client making a business offer or an employee conveying a message to their superiors, their messages are a record of their communication. Instant messaging applications are for casual chatting.
- Quick delivery without disturbing the receiver and unless it is subjected as urgent, the receiver can look into it in his own time.
- Mass delivery with Cc and Bcc options gives you more time for other important works.
- Secure delivery of messages containing important files.
With such advantages in emails, it is the best way to conduct business related communications. When it comes to business, people expect it to be professional and formal. Unlike chatting, it is an exchange of proposals, queries, important files and much more. If an email is not formally constructed, there are chances of losing your job and if you are communicating with a client then you may lose your business altogether. So, it is obligatory to follow certain etiquettes in constructing an email. Let us look into them and become more professional so that your business is taken to the next level.
Things to be followed while writing a Business Email
- Having a Professional Email ID: First of all, whoever your recipient may be, they are going to see the sender before choosing to read the mail. So, if you don’t have a decent mail ID, it may make a bad impression about your business. Therefore, construct a professional email ID.
- Straight to the point Subject: Every email has a subject space where you write a very concise information about what the email is going to speak about. So, it is a must to keep the subject to the point with minimum number of words. Also, don’t forget to make it polite.
- Warm Salutation: You should begin your message by addressing the receiver with respect. You can do it with a friendly tone which would give a good start to your message. This also depends on the receiver. But, in general, it is better to start with “Dear XYZ”.
- Brief message: The matter you are going to convey must be brief and straight forward. Your receiver wouldn’t be happy if your message needs decoding. Make sure that you don’t say irrelevant things in it. When you are talking business, strictly fall into that area and do not cross the line by discussing other matters. Be simple with your words and make sure you don’t have any grammatical errors.
- Respectful Closing lines: When you have finished the matter you wanted to convey, conclude it with sentences that will increase their involvement to engage in what you conveyed. Be polite and kind with your conveyance. Especially if you are requesting, do not demand harshly. Give clarity about your requirements and use friendly tone.
- Email Signatures: This is an important tool many people forget to apply to their emails. If you need an advertisement for your business without any cost, email signatures are the perfect choice. It gives the professional look about your company, advertises your business and you can do a lot with the empty space after your email body. Generally, email signatures contain your photo, company name and address, your designation, contact details with social media links and other promotions regarding your business. Don’t miss out this smart tool which can enhance your business multiple folds.
How to increase business through emails?
Following these etiquettes will definitely take your business to a new height. Apart from this, you need to impose some kind of promotion tools which can popularise your business and brand. Email signatures are a great way to achieve that. Signatures are not insignificant in emails. They can show the quality of your business. You can use them to promote your company, brand and inform clients about sales and new ventures. In order to achieve this, MySigMail is an excellent free email signature generator. Without any need for writing any code or programming, create catchy signatures and you can also know about your client’s preferences with their analytics. This way you can improve your business without much effort.
Understanding the importance of emails and the unique professionalism exhibited by them is crucial for the welfare of every business. Knowing these etiquettes may seem to be insignificant, but these small matters will have a huge impact in your business communication. Proper communication gives you a lifelong growth to your career and if you are a company, it gives the strength to sustain the market despite ups and downs. Achieve prosperity through better email communication!